Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A little help from the furminator

 It's a rough life.... 
As I was sitting in bed flipping back and forth between ICM and Pharmacology. I noticed the small black hairs had begun to take over my notes, and the sheets, and my clothing. 
It's funny how these little hairs came about. Originally Michael and I had decided on the weimaraner breed.  Hypoallergenic, don't shed- this is how I found Miss Spirit. 
She was featured on the Adopt Love website listed as Lab/weimaraner mix. While I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world- the only thing that she even resembles weimaraner by is her facial features and  her loyalty. 

Most of the time her shedding doesn't bother me. Michael and I try to keep a pretty clean house by vacuuming, washing and dusting things on a weekly basis (okay sometimes it's every other). My favorites are the days I'm flipping through my notes in class and I find the tiny straight hairs stuck between pages- a reminder that she is waiting for me to come home. 

Our bed sits literally on the ground, so it was a battle we chose to lose with her. Plus, for as much as she LOVES to cuddle (and so do I), a rule of her not being allowed on the bed would have never lasted. Needless to say, I am CONSTANTLY lint rolling. 

 As she stared out the window at the storms I noticed those little hairs were compiled into a small army screaming "clean me, clean me." I couldn't take it anymore (and wanted a diversion from studying) so I got out one of my favorite purchases- the Furminator. While they are favored for long haired dogs, they still work on short haired ones! With a few quick swipes we had a neatly little piled ball of fur on the ground- and just to make sure I didn't miss any of the little hairs- I lint rolled her. Yes, I lint roll my dog. Do not judge me. 
 It was a small battle won, but hey at this point I will take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment