Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The daily routine I already do not miss....

6:00 AM: my alarm goes off. I hit snooze.
6:30 AM: I wonder how much I can cut out of my morning routine, so that I can stay in bed. I fall back asleep.
7:30 AM: I wake up to Michael leaving. Shit, I am running late.
8:30 AM: I run out the door and forget my keys, or my wallet, or something else. I go back upstairs, at least once to search. I spend 15 min searching and realize I am not going to make the 9 o'clock class.
9:15 AM: I manage to make it to school. Stop at Starbucks and grab something to hopefully pull myself together.
10:00 AM: I am sitting in class trying to figure out how much I've missed. I start listening to the lecture. I realize how sleepy I am. I debate putting my head down and going back to sleep. I decide this is not a good option as there are roughly 25 people in class and it would easily be noticed. I realize the lecturer is already on page 3. I wonder if I'm not going to pay attention why I even bothered coming. I figure I will try again at the 11:00 lecture and opt to check the news instead. 
10:45 AM: JCREW sends me a 45% off coupon and free shipping. I delete it. 5 minutes later they send me another one. I wander onto the site and calculate what I can cut out to get a new dress. I send Megan and Julie a text. We all decide it would be irresponsible not to save the money since it is that much off. 
12:00 PM: Everyone is leaving class and I have no idea what I did for the last two hours. All I know is it wasn't lecture related.
12:30 PM I eat lunch and make a game plan for my study schedule for the afternoon.
1:00 PM- 4:30 PM: I manage 15 facebook checks, and reading all the stories on CNN.com and aol.com mostly for the second time. I make it through half a packet. CRAP. I decide I am being unproductive and should go home.
5:30 PM: I walk the dog and make dinner. Next thing I know...
7:00 PM: I wonder where my day has gone. I think about going to bed. I opt to finish the note packet. I start to read and get sidetracked by the word "fatigue." I have fatigue. Is it fatigue or weakness? I decide it is just fatigue. I wonder if I have all these diseases (most include fatigue as a symptom). I decide testicular cancer is probably not in the differential. I wonder if other med students think these things every time they see the word "fatigue." I decide I am probably not alone and I am thankful mine is just Med School and lack of sleep.
8:45 PM: I realize I've only read half a paragraph. CRAP. I decide I should go to bed, but I need to shower.
9:30 PM: I am too lazy to blow dry my hair. I just want to sleep. Michael and I share our day. 
10:30 PM: Michael's asleep. I can't fall asleep, so I play bejewelled. 
11:15 PM: My joints begin to ache and I can't get comfortable. I wonder if I have lupus- it's expanded to fatigue and muscle aches. No, I don't have lupus, I am just tired and sore from all the sitting. I realize I should have taken an Advil PM an hour ago instead of playing bejewelled. Since I plan on getting up at 6 AM, I realize that I cannot take one now. CRAP. I think about all I need to get done tomorrow since I didn't do it today. I panic. I check my alarm and vow that I am going to be better tomorrow. 
12:00 AM: I am asleep. 

Next day: Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment